Pelvic Floor Dysfunction Treatment Options
By Western Berks on March 21st, 2016
Pelvic floor dysfunction can include a wide range of symptoms and complications. From incontinence or constipation to menstrual-cycle related pain, Western Berks Physical Therapy can help treat a wide variety of conditions through our pelvic floor dysfunction treatment options. We are committed to helping our patients overcome their conditions and symptoms so they can return to living a normal life as soon as possible.
Pelvic floor dysfunction can include a large variety of conditions. Patients may suffer from tight or tense pelvic muscles as well as loose or weak pelvic muscles. When a patient suffers from strained or loose pelvic muscles, they may experience pelvic pain or an increased frequency in urination and bowels. Patients may also experience constipation or severe pain during intercourse. These conditions and symptoms are not only extremely disruptive, but they can also be incredibly painful.
At Western Berks Physical Therapy, we utilize a number of different pelvic floor dysfunction treatment options to help our patients overcome these difficulties. Treatment options vary depending on what condition a patient suffers from and whether or not their pelvic muscles are too tight or too loose. For example, kegel exercises for women can help strengthen their pelvic floor while a massage can help reduce tension and pain for pelvic muscles that are too tight or strained.
Benefits of Pelvic Floor Therapy:
- Rehabilitates and strengthens pelvic muscles and other important supporting muscles to give you control over your pelvic health and life.
- Teaches you how to correctly use your pelvic muscles for long term results.
- Saves you money and embarrassment by requiring less pads, incontinence care supplies and doctor’s visits.
- Reduces the need for medications or surgeries to control incontinence or pelvic dysfunction.
What to Expect During Pelvic Floor Therapy at Western Berks Physical Therapy:
- A compassionate, private evaluation followed by a personalized treatment plan developed and delivered by a highly trained Pelvic Floor Specialist.
- A customized exercise program designed to strengthen and optimize pelvic floor muscles.
- Techniques and strategies on how to correctly use your pelvic floor muscles.
- Education and advice on foods, drinks & behaviors to reduce symptoms and improve your quality of life.
- Biofeedback to show you exactly how your muscles are working.
- Electrical stimulation to improve muscle awareness and to further strengthen muscles.
If you are suffering from pelvic floor dysfunction, please contact us right away. Don’t live your life according to your pelvic pain. We can provide you with quality treatment options and relief so you can return to living your life free from pain and discomfort. We understand that every patient is different and has different needs. You can trust us to provide you with the best treatment options available and to help you in anyway possible!